Tribes: Ascend is a free-to-play multiplayer-only first-person shooter that was developed by Hi-Rez Studios as part of the Tribes franchise. Tribes: Ascend is the world’s fastest shooter – a high-adrenaline, online multiplayer shooter with jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, and multiple classes. The classic franchise Tribes has been played by well over 1 million people. With Tribes: Ascend, the franchise is reborn – fast-paced, vertical, acrobatic combat combined with class-based teamwork and stunning sci-fi visuals.
- Skiing: A slow soldier is a dead soldier! Hold down the space bar to remove friction and build momentum to traverse large maps, hunt down targets, and escape enemy territory at intense speeds.
- Jetpacks: Total freedom of movement and aerial dog-fighting combat.
- Spectator Mode: Highly-detailed spectator mode allows you to zoom in on your favorite players, view player data, and switch between action hot spots on the fly.
- Class-Based Combat: Unlock up to nine distinct classes and customize your loadout with your choice of weapons, grenades, deployables, and perks.
- Player Progression: As you play a class, you gain experience which is used to unlock class-specific skills and perks.
- Escalating Intensity: Earn credits for shooting down enemies and supporting your team’s objectives; use them to upgrade base defenses, access vehicles, and call in tactical strikes. The longer you play, the more frantic the action becomes.
- Vehicles: Pilot the powerful Beowolf tank, the speedy two-person Grav Cycle and the versatile flying Shrike.
- Massive, Highly Detailed Battlefields: Wage war in a variety of open environments including frozen wastelands, sprawling cities, and jag ged mountains.
- Free-to-play… but not pay to win: All items affecting game play can be earned by playing Tribes: Ascend. Players can purchase optional Tribes Gold to get cosmetic skins, and unlock classes and upgrades more quickly.
Tribes: Ascend has completed Beta testing on April 12 and is now a live free-to-play PC game available for digital download. You can download it from here