and remove malicious threats before they can infect your computer. And it all happens with blazing fast scan speeds and the least impact on your PC’s performance, so it won’t disrupt your work or play.
The most obvious change in the new Norton Antivirus 2013 is the revamped user interface which is similar to the previous edition, but has been optimized for use on touch systems, and security can now be controlled via a Metro app, if you install Norton 2013 on on Windows 8.
- Norton Protection System – 5 patented layers of protection detect and eliminate threats more quickly and accurately than other technologies.
- Browser Protection – Proactively protects you by checking for and blocking online threats as your browser loads, to stop online threats before they can do damage.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24×7 Threat Monitoring – Stays ahead of, detects and eliminates threats that haven’t been invented yet by watching your PC for suspicious activity
- Threat-removal Layer – Targets and eliminates hard-to-remove threats less sophisticated products often miss.
- Insight – Improves performance by identifying safe files and only scanning unknown files.
- Download Insight 2.0 – Protects you from dangerous applications before you install them by telling you if they are harmful or unstable.
- Norton Management – Cloud-based controls let you fix, update, renew and install Norton AntiVirus over the Internet with a few simple clicks. It brings together your available Norton protection for other devices, like your Mac computer, smartphone or tablet, in one place.
- Bandwidth Management 2.0 – Automatically adjusts Norton data usage updates when you connect to 3G networks to avoid using up your monthly data allotment or causing overage fees.
- Vulnerability Protection – Stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- Norton Pulse Updates – Updates your protection every 5 to 15 minutes, without disrupting you.
I will show you simple steps on how to download the Norton 2013 Antivirus without downloading the 2012 installer and upgrading which takes longer time, process and consumes much data as the vendors instructed.
Just follow this steps:
1. Download this older NIS OEM 180 days version here
2. Install it. Confirm with your Account to receive the license (If you don't have an account yet, then register for one.
3. Go to link manager account: https://manage.norton.com/Account to remove your license
See example in the image below....
4. Now download the Norton 2013 Installer from here and input the same license by clicking "renew" to activate your 6 Months key.